Monday, November 21, 2011

Response to Course Material #4

      Each time I write a response to what we have been doing in class, I feel that I have been focusing purely on  close readings of what we are supposed to be reading. You would think by now I would write about something else or mention something more important. I think that is a hard task to do, because looking at the text this closely truly enhances both the reading experience and the overall meaning of what you are reading. By doing a close reading of both Death of a Salesman and The American Dream, I was able to make better and deeper connections and comparisons between the two pieces. However, I think I have a better understanding of The American Dream.
     Another thing we have been doing is looking at the multiple choice questions that will be on the AP test. I think that I will be able to understand these questions better with more practice. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same exact way about the close reading and the AP questions! I didn't do exceptionally well when we did that practice test and I was very distrought when I saw my score. Like you said though, I think/hope I'll get better with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The multiple chioce questions are difficult. I am surprised that you found "American Dream" easier. I found it at times difficult to follow because of the absurdisim. So it is nice that you were able to understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are not only understanding each piece on a deeper level, but are also now able to connect different pieces. What did you find similar between the two plays? What differences did you find? I also hope that we do more AP multiple choice practice.

    ReplyDelete